This trip will take you to visit the UNESCO Pak Ou Caves, where thousands of Buddha figurines reside. There are 2 great caves where you can be awed by the sight of so many Buddha figurines just staring back at you in all their grandeur. This is set in the limestone peaks that you see in the travel magazines advertising Laos! There will be lots of photo opportunities. This trip is also included a visit to Ban XangHai which is known as Lao whisky village. There are 3 main types of Lao-Lao, the clear distilled one, the milky white one and the one made with black rice. You can also try each of them before deciding to buy. If you're feeling more adventurous, you can try what the Lao people consider elixirs! These are bottles of clear Lao-Lao mixed with scorpions, frogs, snakes or even geckos.
After the visit of Ban Xanghai, we will continue to Pak Ou village which will take another 15 minutes to reach there. Then we will stop at Xangkhong village where local people make Saa paper from Saa tree. Their work is amazing of variety products such as books, basket, and other interesting items that are best for a souvenir back home!
To cap off your day, we will visit Ban Chan Village is known as a popular place for its high quality pottery products with long history on the traditional craft.
- 9am: Pick up from your hotel
- 10:30am: Visit Lao whisky village
- 11:30am: Head to Pak Ou village and cross to Pak Ou Caves
- 1:30pm: Lunch at noodle shop at Pak Ou village
- 3pm: Back to Luang Prabang and stop at Ban Xieng Lek for a shopping of Sas paper products
- 3:30pm: Visit a pottery village
- 4:30pm: Drop back to your hotel