Tamarind Cooking school offers 'A taste of Laos', an authentic cooking experience with insight into Lao ingredients, dishes and its cooking methods. The freshest ingredients are prepared daily and the instructors all have years of experience leading classes at the school.
Be prepared to be delighted at the complex taste of Lao cuisine and how easy it is for you to pick them up in just one session at Tamarind Cooking school! You will be able to learn the following dishes:
1) A variety of 'jeows' - The Lao word for dipping sauces that goes with sticky rice
2) Mok Pa - Steamed Fish in Banana Leaf
3) Laap Gai - A minced chicken salad with fragrant herbs, a Luang Prabang staple
4) Lemongrass stuffed with Chicken - A Tamarind specialty!
5) A surprise dessert that you will find out on the day itself!
And of course you will be taught how to steam the quintessential sticky rice using traditional methods as well!
The morning class includes a market tour and runs from 9am - 3pm. The evening class is from 4:30 n- 8:30 pm and does not include a market tour and one less item is cooked. But our team supplements the dish that is omitted from the cooking class so you get to try it when it is time to eat. That is why the morning class costs more than the evening class.
This price is for the evening class, which starts from 4.30pm to 8.30pm. For the morning class please select the add-on option as there is a surcharge by Tamarind restaurant.
Note: Please be at the pick up point 15 minutes before the course start time.