Widened at the beam to accommodate 10 four-top tables, the traditional Lao river boat also embarks every morning at 10:00 am for a four-hour lunch cruise. During this cruise, the Nava stops at the Pak Ou Caves for adventuring among the 4,000 sacred Buddhist statues and images scattered about the two limestone grottoes.
Lunch (From 10am to 2.30pm) includes:
- Departure from Luang Prabang at 10am
- Visit Ban Xang Hai whisky village
- Visit Pak Ou Caves
- Lunch on board
- Return to Luang Prabang before 2.30pm
Lunch Set Menu:
1) Khai Phaen: crispy wafers of Mekong riverweed, served with slices of barbecued Luang Prabang Sausage and a delicious, freshly-made Tomato Relish.
2) Tom Kha Gai: A popular Southeast Asian coconut soup - light, creamy and redolent with the flavor of tamarind.
3) Koi Pa: A traditional Lao minced fish salad, made with fish fresh from the Mekong River.
4) Asian-style stir-fried mixed vegetables.
5) Mok Pa: A delicate combination of fish and herbs, uniquely Lao,
Steamed in a dainty packet of intricately folded banana leaves.
6) Tom Jell Moo: nuggets of tender sliced pork, gently marinated in eggplant gravy.
7) The above menu is accompanied by servings of Steamed Rice and traditional Lao Sticky Rice.
8) Fruit Plate: a selection of refreshing slices of seasonal local fresh fruit.
- Cancel booking 24 hours prior to day of reservation, 50% of reservation confirmed will be charged.
- No-show will be charged 100% of total amount.
Guide policy: We offer FOC to guide accompanying the guests.
Children aged 12 years old and under are subject to the following rates:
- From 0 to 4 years old: free of charge
- From 5 to 11 years old: 50% discount
- Over 11 years old, children are considered as adult and will be charged accordingly.
- WIFI ( 4G ) is available for guests during Lunch and dinner cruise, it is free.
- Credit card machine is available if guests would like to pay for drink after lunch and dinner cruise.
- The pickup time is between 9:15am to 9:45am at your hotel lobby.
- October – May: Lunch cruise 7 days | Monday till Sunday
- June: Closed for Maintenance
- July – September: Lunch Cruise 4 days: Tuesday / Thursday / Saturday / Sunday