Day 1: Luang Prabang ? Kamu Lodge (L, D)
Board on a traditional Long River boat at Kamu Lodge pier at 08:30am and take a leisurely cruise upstream while enjoying the refreshments served on the boat. Marvel at the thousands of gold Buddha statues placed in sacred Pak Ou caves by devotees. Most people failed to marvel at Pak Ou towering limestone cliff. Continue upriver and you would reach Kamu Lodge around noon. A Refreshing welcome drink is served. You can check into your super size tents with attached modern bathroom amenities and facilities. You will enjoy lunch in an airy SALA settled in the middle of rice paddy fields. After lunch, you can choose to either relax or to enjoy the traditional Kamu lifestyles and activities such as rice planting and harvesting in surrounding rice fields, gold panning in the Mekong (anything you find is Yours!), traditional fishing techniques (you can sample your catch for dinner!), visit of the Kamu village, shoot out in an archery contest.
Dinner is a feast by Kamu tribe standards. We want you to see the world from the Kamu's eyes. After dinner, retire to your tent to take in the symphony of the night in the company of nature and under the blanket of stars.
Additional activities that are available include:
- Net fishing, gold panning and hunting techniques
- Swimming in the Mekong
- Traditional Kamu massage on the river bank(This will be available for 3D2N only)
- A selection of board games and books is available to use during your stay
- Visit the neighbouring Ban Noiy Hai village.
Day 2 and beyond:
The rest of the days will be entirely up to you to decide based on the activities above. Simply let your host know when you arrive at the lodge. On the final day, whether you choose the 2D1N or 3D2N option, check out is at 1030am and you will depart for Luang Prabang at 2.30pm, reaching the town around 4.30pm.
Note: There is no WiFi at the Kamu Lodge.
- Boat transfer from and to Luang prabang
- Accommodation in twin sharing tent with modern toilet facilities
- Tickets at Pak Ou Caves
- All Meals
- All activities in the lodge
- Service of local English guide
- Air tickets and personal insurance
- Any services or meals not mentioned
- Drinks, except bottled water, coffee and tea on the boat
- Arrival or departure transfer from/to hotel to the pier in Luang Prabang
- Personal Expenses
- Below 5 years old: complimentary (baby cot to be provided upon availability).
- From 6 to 12 years old: extra bed is compulsory and is subject to availability . The extra bed and the activities will be charged USD106.
- The maximum occupancy per room is 2 adults (extra bed compulsory Regular full per person rate applies)
- 2 adults and 2 children (maximum 1 extra bed per tent)
- There are twin bed in each tent
- Please select the 1 extra tent Add-on for the third person if you are 3, 5, 7 people because 1 tent is for 2 adult per tent only)
Please provide your details such as:
- Your full name as listed in the passport
- Visa number
- Check-in date
- Check-out date
- Airline name and flight number
Cancellation Policy is strict and cannot be cancelled 30 days before date of booking or entire booking amount will be forfeited.