You've seen the restaurants advertising 'Traditional Nepali food', when its so obviously westernized!
Here's the trip where you get to visit the 5 famous stalls frequented only by the locals! Baras, Samosas, Momos, pani purri and lassi are the 5 epic stops. Once on the dark side, you never wanna go back.
Let us bring you through the crazy streets of Kathmandu towards the locals favorite haunt - New Road! We'll pass by a number of local temples nestled within the alleys before reaching the food!
We'll start the course at the Bara(Lentil Bread) shop before having a Samosa , special momos you won't have eaten anywhere else before ending off with the famous lassi and Pani purri which is said to be the best in Nepal. Here, you have to snatch or else you won't get any. It's THAT GOOD. (Don't worry we'll do the snatching for you ;)
Please note that if you have selected an add on for pick up then we use local taxis.
Note: The tour includes the food and water.
If you have children under the age of 12, then please select the add-ons
below for discounted price. For children under or equal to the age of 5 it
Gluten Free Food Tour includes:
1. Choila + Chewra: spiced grilled buffalo meat and beaten rice
2. Bara + side dish: Lentil bread + gluten free side dish like potato and mushroom
3. Aalu tikki chat: Mashed potato with vegetable curry and yogurt
5. Your own choice of one milk based sweet in one of the most famous sweet shop
Vegan Food Tour includes
2. Cold lemon or lemon soda
3. Bara + side dish ( Lentil bread with potato or mushroom side dish)
4. Veg Chatamari ( Also known as Nepali pizza made from rice flour and vegetables)
5. Vegetarian momos
Please note that we only provide pick up and drop off from the following locations and it's nearby areas:
2. Swayambhu (Monkey Temple)
5. Patan Durbar Square