What better way to connect deeper with the hill tribes of Laos than by staying with them? Get insider access to a Hmong villager's house inside a local Khmu village - The best of both worlds. You can not only see both tribes' way of life, but how they interact and live harmoniously with each other.
Living on a farm, you will get to participate with lots of farm activities such as vegetable farming, sticky rice planting, setting traps, cooking the traditional way and even hunting with crossbows and slingshots!
This is true farm life and a unique perspective on how a Lao farm is operated and how Lao farmers' go about their daily chores. Participate in every activity, from cooking up the 3 meals together with your host with freshly harvested vegetables off the fields using traditional methods to making fires and playing village games with the children.
Have fun, disconnect with the world and re-connect with the land.
Timeline of activities:
- 9am: Pick up at hotels and head to the village
- 10am: Meet the host's family
- 10:30am: Sling shot and Hmong wooden tops making
- 12pm: Prepare and have lunch with your host
- 2pm: Crossbow making
- 4pm: Practice shooting crossbow + sling shots and learn how to play Hmong wooden tops with your host
- 5pm: Tour around the village to see the 2 local communities (Hmong and Kamu)
- Help the family prepare your dinner
- 7am: Get up and prepare breakfast with host
- 8am: Make traditional Hmong cake
- 9am: Visit host's farm and do a little farming with family and learn how to put up rats traps
- Return to Luang Prabang, reaching the town at about 12pm.
The price includes: Pick up and drop off at your hotel, 3 meals, translator and the above activities.
What you have to bring:
- Mosquito repellent
- Long clothes and cover shoes
- Change of clothes and towel
- Shampoo for shower
- Bottled Water
What you will get to take home from this homestay:
- Sling shot
- Hmong wooden tops
- Some Hmong sticky rice cake
Note: Without the Bungalow add-on, you will sleep inside the host family's house.
- There might be other guests share the Bungalow with you.